Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Memento







This project was based on an important memory or experience one had. My memento was based off of my memory of an experience my family and I had; getting chosen to open Disney’s Magic Kingdom park. My family decided to go to the Magic Kingdom one morning and as we were walking through security a cast member came up to us.  She loved how the four of us were dressed in gator shirts because the Florida Gators had a big game that day.  She loved our team spirit even though she was a fan of the team the Gators were playing that night. She asked us if we wanted to be the first family in the park and open the park.  Of course, being big Disney fans we said yes.  This experience is something that not a lot of families get to experience, which is why I wanted to incorporate this memory with this project. 


Only 3 materials were allowed to be used for this project. I used wood, and 2 different colors of paint, orange and blue. These materials helped me create a Sculpture that represented my family and Disney.  The circles represent not represented Mickey Mouse and the colors signify the Florida Gators, which were the shirts my family and I were wearing at the time. I decided to add a cake like structure at the top of the sculptor to symbolize Cinderella’s castle at the park we were opening that day, and the shaved curled wood pieces represent confetti.

Here are some photos of that day:







No comments:

Post a Comment