Saturday, June 20, 2015

Human Body Wrap





extra photos



For this project my model was covered in newspaper paper mache style.  I wanted to outline her human features while making her look surreal. I decided to position my model on the concrete to represent the delivery of newspapers. 

Ana Mendieta was the inspiration for my piece. She is known for incorporating the human body, using either herself or a silhouette of herself, in natural settings. This is why I chose to position my model on the ground.

This piece was a challenge to create.  Not only was I working outside in 95 degree weather, I was also wrapping my model in wet newspaper.  In addition, I was delayed several times by tourists who stopped to take pictures of me and watch what I was doing.

Big thanks to my friend Libby for modeling



No comments:

Post a Comment